Datacise Logo in colour

Datacise Open Learning is part of Swansea University and is the data controller of your data.

We are based at Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP.

We do not transfer your data or process it outside of the UK. We do not use your data for marketing purposes or to create a profile about you. We process your data based on your consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time.

We will keep your data in accordance with our retention policy.

By submitting an enquiry via our contact form or via email, you are consenting to your data being held by us. This includes your name, email address and any other information volunteered to us.

Your data will be used for the purposes of dealing with your enquiry and sending you relevant information. We will not pass your details on to any third party. If you wish to remove yourself from the  marketing database, then please contact our helpdesk.


Your Rights

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) strengthens and adds to individuals’ rights that exist under the Data Protection Act and Datacise Open Learning is committed to supporting these rights.

You have a right to access your personal information, to object to the processing of your personal information, to rectify, to erase, to restrict and to port your personal information. Please visit the University Data Protection webpages for further information in relation to your rights.

Any requests or objections should be made in writing to the University Data Protection Officer – University Compliance Officer (FOI/DP), Vice-Chancellor’s Office, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, SA2 8PP,


How you can you withdraw consent for us to hold your data

You can change your mind at any time about how we contact you, how we process your information, or ask us to stop contacting you altogether by contacting our helpdesk.

We will be proactive in keeping our records up to date and will aim to action all changes to communication preferences within ten working days.


How to make a complaint

If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may in the first instance contact the University Data Protection Officer using the contact details above.

If you remain dissatisfied, then you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at – Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. .